Winter Rim Desk
November 1, 2017 - April 30, 2018
Each winter, beginning in November, the Friends of Crater Lake National park recruits volunteers to staff the Crater Lake Viewing Room above the Café building located in Rim Village. The program runs through mid April.
Training will be held in January , 2018.
Normally the volunteers (VIPs – Volunteer In Park) staff the Viewing Room on weekends, however weekday and even weeklong assignments are also available.
Winter Volunteers at Crater Lake –
* Provide a valuable service to Park visitors by answering question, provide information and passing out maps and materials.
* Assist the Park staff as needed, including assisting with snowshoe hikes.
* Receive training and learn about one of the Nation’s oldest National Parks.
* Meet people from around the world.
* Wear an identifying volunteer NPS uniform.
* Be provided with winter park housing – weather and scheduling permitting.
* Help build a stronger constituent community for Crater Lake National Park.
Contact Larry Smith for more information about winter volunteering at Crater Lake. (541-899-7402)